The following are not good reasons to sing carols or hymns of any kind:
- To set the record in the Guinness Book of World Records,
- To show a "surrounding community" that a particular fundamentalist university is "open to the public,"
- To show a surrounding community what that particular institution of higher learning "has to offer,"
- To get an "I sang!" sticker,
- To give the community something memorable, or
- To make yourself a "testimony of God's love" (I am not really sure what that means).
May we always sing our hymns and carols of worship primarily to God and to Him alone.
"For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God." – Deuteronomy 4:24